COVID-19 Coronavirus Update 04.06.20
April 6, 2020
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have taken numerous steps over the last few weeks to protect both our customers and staff while maintaining regular business operations. These steps have included:
• Frequent cleaning and sanitation of commonly touched surfaces at our branches
• Closing branch lobbies and bank offices to the public (except by appointment)
• Providing hand sanitizer and disposable gloves to staff
• Adding a walk-up lane at our Irving Street, Saint George and Lake Avenue offices for use by customers without a vehicle
• Temporary changes to business hours at all branches and our Call Center: Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Branches are currently open during their normal Saturday hours.
During this difficult time, we are committed to our customers, our employees and our community. You can feel reassured knowing:
• RSI Bank has been in business since 1851 and has endured through some of our nation’s toughest times, from the Civil War through the COVID-19 pandemic, thanks to its capital strength and a strong foundation built on integrity and honesty.
• All deposit products (checking, savings, money market, asset management, CDs, IRAs) are FDIC insured. For more information on FDIC insurance, please visit: https://edie.fdic.gov/
• We have implemented our pandemic response plan, which is designed specifically to maintain business continuity in scenarios such as COVID-19 coronavirus.
• Our Call Center is assisting customers in using our alternate banking options. We can walk you through the steps of setting up Online Banking and Mobile Banking for your personal accounts and your business accounts. Call 732.388.1800 during business hours.
• We are continuing to work with borrowers who have mortgage applications in process to move towards their closing date.
• We have waived Insufficient Funds fees and Uncollected Returns fees from March 27 - through April 30, 2020.
• We are working with residential and commercial loan customers to understand their needs and offer assistance during this time.
• Some of our employees are working remotely or on alternating schedules at this time, however, no layoffs or pay cuts are expected.
• We are working with business customers who want to apply for the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program. As an approved SBA lender, we will be accepting and processing applications shortly.
• We are committed to helping our customers and neighbors. As a community bank, we’re focused on the quality of life within the local cities and towns we serve in Union and Middlesex Counties. We’re here for you, and together we’ll get through this. Be well and stay safe.